We hope you will find this booklet informative regarding what we do at the Rowing Club. The booklet also includes adverts for many of our local sponsors.
The club is amazed how helpful these companies are; especially considering the hit they have taken whilst the bridge has been replaced. We also suffered during the work and the winter floods; having to cancel several of our own fund raising rowing events.
These local businesses work with us to produce further sporting success for the club and to maintain what we provide to the local community. Please, can I ask you to consider using their goods and services. If local people and local companies support each other we can get Evesham back on its feet after all the disruption we have endured.
If contact any of the companies please do say this was via the rowing club. Many Thanks.
The eyes of the world were on London 2012 and Evesham Rowing Club was delighted to have played a part in the success story of GB Rowing at that event. We provide top class coaching for top level athletes. Plus a fun and friendly environment for competitive and recreational rowers of all ages and abilities.
Evesham produces INTERNATIONAL CHAMPIONS:
• At London 2012 two Evesham members rowed for Great Britain: Beijing Olympic gold medallist Zac Purchase, and 2011 World Champion Alex Gregory. Alex won Gold. Zac won Silver.
• Tom Dyson who spent 7 years with us as a Junior was the GB Paralympic Rowing Head Coach at London 2012
• For the last 14 years in a row Evesham junior rowers have been selected to represent their country.
Evesham produces NATIONAL CHAMPIONS:
• In 2013 our Juniors won 2 Golds and 3 Silvers at the National Junior Championships. We were the second most successful club at that event.
• We produce Henley Royal Regatta and Women’s Henley crews – for several years Evesham juniors have represented their club with pride at the most prestigious regatta in the world.
Evesham INVOLVES the whole community:
• We run a Learn-to-Row programme for adults and children from the local schools
• We encourage rowing for all ages (our rowers range in age from 12 to 60+).
• Our adaptive rowing programme for the disabled is a model for other clubs to follow; we are the West Midlands Centre for Adaptive Rowing.